1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Maple Valley, WA chickens wanted!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dissectiondiva, Oct 23, 2009.

1. dissectiondiva

dissectiondiva New Egg

Oct 3, 2009
    maple Valley, WA
    Hello! I am a new member melissa. I live in Maple valley WA and am inquiring about anyone near me perhaps? that has some Hens for sale. I am interested in aquiring several laying hens for just pets/eggs. No roosters, though! I recently bought a small farm and there is a quite large coop that I have readied for some chickens. I lined the nest boxes, my husband netted the outside top and I have shavings all ready to put on the floor. They will have a VERY good home and be well taken care of. Please anyone, let me know and I can come to where you live,etc. ok? my email is [email protected] Breeds, are not super important. I just want hens that will lay and get along with each other....hopefully!?
    thanks everyone. melissa

2. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello Melissa
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in North Central Florida.
    I used to live in Maple Valley on the Dorre Don RD right on the Cedar River.
    There are a lot of BYCers on here from Washington that should be able to get you a few hens.
    Eric

3. dissectiondiva

dissectiondiva New Egg

Oct 3, 2009
    maple Valley, WA
    Thanks eric! I hope someone helps a sister out. I'll bet ya miss it here? I love being here after being in federal way for so long. Freedom from gunfire at last!
    I am originally from Florida. Too weird. Miami. Left there in the 70's, though. Can't say I miss the heat although I DID have some chickens there....

4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    you got the coop ready first??? oh no no no . . . FIRST you go buy to many chickens THEN you worry about the coop! LOL!
    welcome!
    If you go up to the user list in the top left corner you can type in your area, look at others BYC pages and see who might be a breeder in you area. There is also a breeder/hatchery thread on the left go there and type in the search space; washington. Hope that helps, oh also Criags List in this area is great.

5. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi Melissa,

I'll send you a quick separate email from my email addy so you have it. Haven't been on BYC for awhile. I'll include a link to my website so you can see my birds. I can't remember where Maple Valley is but I can probably help you.

Before I go, let me invite you to the "Washingtonians" thread on BYC. Pop in and introduce yourself. If I can't help you, I'm sure others on there can.

God Bless,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by