1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mapuche

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chrisf, Jun 30, 2011.

1. chrisf

chrisf Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    This is a Mapuche pullet hatched from ChooksChicks a few months ago......unfortunately, this was the only one to hatch out of two different clutches........I'm using her genetic background that contains some Jitokko along with my Jitokko-esque composite longtail Shojo Rooster to try and resurrect Jitokko, he is just coming out of a molt and his tail is now growing again......the last picture is a pure Japanese Jitokko....a work in progress.........................................................chrisf[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    They look amazing! So this is a long tail breed? I just love the look [​IMG]

3. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

They certainly are a beautiful breed. [​IMG]

4. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    Chris....What type of comb do the Jittokos have?

5. chrisf

chrisf Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Hi Rusty, I'm really not sure about the comb on the Jitokko......I'm working on type, tail, legs, crest, and color first.....................................chrisf

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Looks like a butterfly/leaf type from here.

7. chickendeal

chickendeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    archie mo
    I got this chick by mistske and now im looking for a roo for her any one know where i could get one??? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by