maran, jersey giants --eggs wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ae50mag, Dec 26, 2007.

1. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

anyone have a good supply of eggs to sell and or trade for serama eggs, also more than happy to buy outright either breed or both. various colors or types of the maran,giant family fine also..

thanks
    frank

2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I have some JG chicks that I have decided I just really don't want anymore I'd be willing to ship to you...if you want. (I want to focus on Barred Rocks & Lt. Brahmas)
    They are 4 weeks old. I'd have to take a count of how many I still have after selling some & loosing some to the cold, but 8ish maybe.
    Let me know if you're interested by pm or e-mail.
    Kristi

3. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Darn it, my Marans girls are on winter break! Something about it being too cold, days too short....such divas!

Eh, oh well, maybe once it warms up I'll have some nice Marans eggs (Cuckoo; French type/feather shanked). If you're interested for later, I can post some pics. I got some really nicely colored eggs this fall from my breeding trio. Though, I shouldn't be trading, I should be selling...but it would be awfully fun to hatch out some Seramas!! So tempting....

Maybe it's a good thing my girls aren't laying right now. My husband would lose his marbles if I fired up the incubator to hatch yet another breed of chicken! I don't know why he just won't play along? [​IMG]

Edited to add: I updated my avatar with a pic of my Marans eggs. Those were the last eggs I got from my trio this year before the girls went on hiatus.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  4. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Frank.... E-mailed you a bunch of info on the Marans been doing alot of research.. check out the links [​IMG]
    Denna

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by