Marans eggs

Not to me. But Martha Stewart thinks they are the absolute best thing that ever happened in a kitchen.

MArtha Stewart is full of beans. She also used to think that blue or green eggs were the bomb. Trendy. They all taste the same to me. They are really pretty in your egg basket, though.
big_smile.png

They all taste the same to me. When I first had fresh eggs I could not tell the difference either....until I went out to a restaurant and had eggs for breakfast one day....after eating fresh eggs then getting a store bought egg I could definatly tell the difference. I can't wont eat store bought eggs any more...if my girls stop layig I'll buy from someone selling fesh eggs.

Except for being rare and prized - my marans lays every 3-4 days while my RIR and BR lay daily! - they are the same in the pan. Okay, she's laid several double-yolkers, so they are bigger, but taste? Identical!

They taste the same to me, too.

Not to highjack the thread, hugo, but what varieties of Dutch do you have? I have lavenders and red quills. There aren't many of us around these days, it seems, so I get excited whenever I encounter another admirer
smile.png

That just goes to show ya prison time does strange things to the brain.
barnie.gif

ep.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Marans eggs taste the same as other chicken eggs which are "home grown".
Home grown eggs *do* taste richer, look deeper yolk coloured and are healthier than shop bought eggs supplied from battery hen farms.

Egg colours, such as the Marans, earn a reputation for being "better" simply because they are not as common as battery eggs. They are not "better" per se, just less frequently seen on the market. On that basis, people *could* cash in on MS's opinion and charge a premium price for their Marans eggs and sell to a niche market.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom