Marans or welsummer breeder's in Quebec city?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by stephaniestew, Nov 23, 2013.

1. stephaniestew

stephaniestew Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2013
    Hi,

I'm from Quebec city and I have 2 orpingtons, 1 minorca, 1 brahma and 1 ameraucana. I want to buy one pullet/hen marans or welsummer but I don't find anything... Can you know marans or welsummer breeder's in Quebec city?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french.

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    You might want to check the Where Am I Where Are You forum threads for whichever one is closest to you, and also try the Breeds/Genetics/Showing forum, there are threads on both breeds, to see if anybody there has what you are looking for.

3. stephaniestew

stephaniestew Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2013
    Thank you! :)

4. ntg392

ntg392 New Egg

Mar 31, 2014
    Your English is quite fine! My French on the other hand...

I am moving there in a few months. I will be in the Charlesbourg area, near Lac Saint-Charles. I would like to raise some birds strictly for the eggs. This will be my first attempt. So far from what I have read, Ameraucana, Brahma and Rhode Island Reds would be suitable!? I was leaning towards 6 birds total.

Any suggestions and info will be greatly appreciated!

Neil

5. ntg392

ntg392 New Egg

Mar 31, 2014
    I also read about the Orpingtons. I suppose I should have also added that I would love to know a good place to purchase the birds from lol.

6. Jos1chick

Jos1chick New Egg

Jun 5, 2014
    Can anyone please tell me if/what the policy is for keeping backyard chickens in our area? I live in Charlesbourg, QC. My home sits on 1 acre lot. I can't search well enough in French to find what I'm looking for elsewhere. I did email the city "in English" and waiting to hear back, but would love to hear what you all have found on this.

Thanks in advance.
    Josie

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by