Marans or Welsummers wanted in California

Spring Chook

Songster
10 Years
Dec 29, 2009
Topanga
Hi there
can anyone help. I really like to add some Marans and / or Welsummers to my flock. I'd prefer point of lay pullets or adults. Anyone got any they'd be willing to sell?

I'm in Topanga, California

Sophie

Check out the marans club of america site for other breeders in CA. There are quite a few. Maybe closer to you than the Inland empire.

maransofamericaclub.com

are you wanting breeder quality or laying flock quality? I may be thinning my CBM flock this week because i have some new ones hatching and will need the room soon. The ones I would be cutting loose would have little or no copper on their hackles.

Quote:
I will ship eggs.......unfortunately it will be another 4.5 mos before I can do that since a stupid dog attack left me with one hen and 1 roo, of course the hen stopped laying about a month ago.
I have both Welsummers and Marans. The Marans I could ship but it would be several weeks.
Onthespot has beautiful birds/eggs and she is waaaayyyy closer to you.

Have you checked with Tailfeathers for Welsummer eggs.........doesn't he ship?...I thought he did. He has fantastic Welsummers!

sorry I did not make myself clear.....since the OP wanted started birds, those the ones I know of would not ship live birds or chicks, just eggs.

Quote:
I will ship eggs.......unfortunately it will be another 4.5 mos before I can do that since a stupid dog attack left me with one hen and 1 roo, of course the hen stopped laying about a month ago.
I have both Welsummers and Marans. The Marans I could ship but it would be several weeks.
Onthespot has beautiful birds/eggs and she is waaaayyyy closer to you.

Have you checked with Tailfeathers for Welsummer eggs.........doesn't he ship?...I thought he did. He has fantastic Welsummers!

I do agree that Tailfeathers have some fabulous Welsummers! If I was to get some on the west coast, he would be the first pick!

Back
Top Bottom