Marans/Rock Crosses - 12+ for $15.00

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by halo, Jan 4, 2011.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    My B/BL/Barred rock girls are laying extremely well right now. They are out running with my young Wheaten marans roo. Fertility has been wonderful. Babies will be blue or black. Hens are great layers and very mild temperment, as is the roo. Really love the temperments, low key, happy girls. Great at free ranging.

Please do not hit Buy It Now....if interested, please send a PM. I should have this cross for another week or so. After that, Ill be putting the roo in a breeding pen with Marans girls, and wont have this cross anymore.

Shipping is actual shipping to your Zip Code.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I ordered eggs of this cross from Halo back in October. Her packaging was wonderful, and I had a great hatch with very healthy, robust chicks. The babies are now almost 3 months old, and despite not having been handled much, they are very sweet and tame. I just love their temperaments and can't wait until they start to lay later this summer. [​IMG]

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Quote:Hey - Can you post some pics of what the chicks look like? I would love to see them.

Thanks!

4. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I"ll try to post some this weekend. Halo may still have some of these babies, herself, so may have some photos as well?

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Id love to see some photos myself; I havent hatched any of these myself.

6. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Halo - What size egg are these hen's laying? 2.0 ounce or greater? I would be purchasing these to add some color to my laying flock and figure with the barred rock side of things, should get a good number of eggs. Do you agree?

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I just weighed one that was average sized, and it is exactly 2 oz. Some are bigger and some are smaller. Some of the birds laying are pullets, so theirs are a little bit smaller.

These are really really good layers. Im real happy with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by