Marans Rooster or not?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bleenie, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

this is the new guy, i thought he was a Marans but am i wrong?[​IMG]

2. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    ETA: Nevermind my last statement... He is a Faverolle mix... He has 5 toes and what looks to be a little bit of muff and beard. Could be mixed with Marans though, since his legs are clean and not feathered. Favs have feathered legs and 5 toes, but when mixed with clean legged then a clean leg could result.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  3. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    His color is similar to a golden cuckoo marans roo, but maybe a bit light. Here is a picture of mine.

[​IMG]

ETA: It is impossible to get a picture of Gimly without the duck because they are very much in love and inseparable.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  4. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Yeah I'm thinking Fav/Golden Cuckoo mix now that you posted a pic of yours... First time I've seen a pic of a Golden Cuckoo. Tried to hatch some sent as extras in a WheatenCM order from Ca. a couple of times... Never had luck with either, maybe just too far for them to travel(too much josteling).

5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:That's adorable.

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Well Fav's are one of my favorites.. even though i have none still!! [​IMG] so maybe i might still keep him. he seems to have formed a small attachment (so far) to one of the hens i got back from a friend i gave chicks to months back. she was from my old hens & roos, they might need their own pen now, lol.

i think the babies would be cute [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by