MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
I'm hoping to get eggs in time for a March hatch. First we gotta test negative for covid tho!😡 Maybe my breeder would be willing to do a porch pickup instead if the tests come back positive. Would really rather not let covid steal my babies from me. I already had it once. So really hoping we just somehow got the flu 3 days after being exposed. 🙃
Imma find a way to get some eggs. I swear. This weather and covid making it much harder than it should be.
Welcome to the hatch- a-long! Hope you get your eggs!☺️

Where are you located? Are you looking for silkie eggs or anything in particular?
I'm in texas. I'm hoping to get silkies eventually. But was planning to wait as I have a few friends with silkies who are currently trying to obtain roos. Much cheaper to order eggs from friends usually.
The order I have with a semi local breeder is wyandottes(black laced and also red and blue laced), swedish flowers, brahma, lf polish, and a few buff orps. I'm not new to chickens by any means but just finally having a piece of land to have them again and now all these issues with weather, electricity, and now covid. 🙃

I'm in texas. I'm hoping to get silkies eventually. But was planning to wait as I have a few friends with silkies who are currently trying to obtain roos. Much cheaper to order eggs from friends usually.
The order I have with a semi local breeder is wyandottes(black laced and also red and blue laced), swedish flowers, brahma, lf polish, and a few buff orps. I'm not new to chickens by any means but just finally having a piece of land to have them again and now all these issues with weather, electricity, and now covid. 🙃
Hope you feel better soon!🥰
I have family in Texas and they finally got their power back. Hope things normalize for you there.
Nice breeds you have planned. I have a splash laced wyandotte. Awesome birds.
Always best to get eggs locally if you can.
Living in Hawaii, we have to go the shipped egg route to get particular breeds. The longer distance usually affects the hatch rate, but anywhere from the West Coast usually does pretty well.😊

After replacing the dudd rooster I got a new and younger one. He's a beauty! Nice personality as well. And the best part is.... it's been not even 2 weeks and I am already getting fertile eggs from him...well his hens :lau
Collecting for March 8th... can't wait for those cute little fuzzballs :wee:wee

Hope you feel better soon!🥰
I have family in Texas and they finally got their power back. Hope things normalize for you there.
Nice breeds you have planned. I have a splash laced wyandotte. Awesome birds.
Always best to get eggs locally if you can.
Living in Hawaii, we have to go the shipped egg route to get particular breeds. The longer distance usually affects the hatch rate, but anywhere from the West Coast usually does pretty well.😊
Currently texas shipping is still delayed pretty bad. But if things clear up and I'm still in quarantine I may genuinely consider shipping.

After replacing the dudd rooster I got a new and younger one. He's a beauty! Nice personality as well. And the best part is.... it's been not even 2 weeks and I am already getting fertile eggs from him...well his hens :lau
Collecting for March 8th... can't wait for those cute little fuzzballs :wee:wee
Exciting! Sounds like your new guy didn't waste any time! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom