March 21 or so hatching

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by BridgetBarger, Feb 28, 2014.

1. BridgetBarger

BridgetBarger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2013
    SE Kansas
    I just set a batch of eggs in my incubator today. Anyone else with a close to then hatch date?

2. CrazyChookLady5

CrazyChookLady5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2013
    Australia, NSW
    I started mine yesterday (28th), its my first time ever using a bator, so I'm not too sure what im doing, I put in 5 eggs, 1 silkie, 2 white leghorns and 2 isa browns, I think
    how many eggs did you set??

3. BridgetBarger

Apr 20, 2013
    SE Kansas
    I have brinsea mini I set seven

4. CrazyChookLady5

CrazyChookLady5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2013
    Australia, NSW
    what breed?

5. Aacre

Aacre Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm planning on having a batch put in the incubator tomorrow around noon. [​IMG]So far, I have collected 20 eggs that will go in, but I will add whatever eggs I get yesterday- hoping for about 4 more eggs, bringing it up to 2 dozen.

6. sepaditty1

sepaditty1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I just set mine this evening.

4 large eggs from either my gold sexlink or RI red. Which rooster is anyone's guess, but it would be one of mmy EE boys.

5 bantam eggs from my bantam black orpingtons. Not sure if rooster would be the bantam orp or one of my polish. Or even one of the big boy EEs. We'll see.

Second time hatching. First time with my own eggs. I have Brinsea mini eco.

7. BridgetBarger

Apr 20, 2013
    SE Kansas
    Mine are supposed to be amercauana but they are probably easter eggers but I guess I will have to wait and see. Next time I will be doing my own eggs I have barred rock rooster 4 hens 1 BR 1RIR 2ee

8. sepaditty1

sepaditty1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Those would be some good chicks!

9. Beanzie

Beanzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2014
    I set a batch of bantams yesterday. A few dozen modern games, d'anvers, and some silkies. (Oh, so many silkies!) I have a batch of modern games, silkies, and lakenvelders hatching now. Once these guys are done I will be setting some cochin crosses, Lakenvelders, Sumatras, leghorns, and EE crosses. The joys of having two incubators!

10. BridgetBarger

Apr 20, 2013
    SE Kansas
    I just got my incubator, I got the brinsea mini that way I can only hatch 7 at a time, or I will end up with a ton of birds. Hoping to get some guinea eggs sometime this spring or summer and hatch my own guineas out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by