March Hatch A Long... anyone with me??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BBK, Feb 8, 2011.

1. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    ok, So, I thought I was going to be part of the FEB hatch a Long... that didn't happen... My eggs haven't come yet due to they went broody.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

So, Plan B...bought other eggs!!!! [​IMG] WCB Polish LF [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

they'll be here next week.... everything's clean and ready n waiting....

This will put me into MARCH.... anyone else???

Melinda

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Melinda I would be happy to join you. I am planning on setting some eggs on the 23rd of Feb for a St. Patty's day hatch. It is my DH's fault that I am setting them since he suggested doing a hatch for his birthday. He denies it now but I heard what I heard. [​IMG] I should be setting light, buff and dark Brahma eggs. Depending on how the postal service handles the eggs, if I need to add more, I can always add some from my girls since they are finally picking up on laying again.

3. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    Does getting chicks in march count???

4. BBK

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    Quote:I know what you mean about hubbies.... I said some tihng about hatching and he didn't say anything, so to me that means go ahead...LOL
    i'm sure when they get here, he'll be saying I didn't say it was ok..... BUt he did ride 2 hrs w/me to pick up a chicken... that's saying ALOT!!!

I don't have a date yet, b/c I don't know when exactly they'll be here.... exciting...!!!!

Melinda

5. BBK

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    Quote:Only if you show us pictures....
    Melinda

6. Casey76

Casey76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Alsace, France
    Let's see...

I have 12 birchen and blue birchen Marans and 10 blach LF brahmas due on 03 March.

12 cream legbars due on 12 March

12 birchen and 12 gold cuckoo Marans due on 25 March

(all dependent on the eggs arriving on their scheduled dates, of course!)

I also hope to have some porcelain sabepotts hatch during March, but will need to test fertility first with my new boy [​IMG]

7. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Quote:Ok I am curious, what is a sabepott? I have never heard of them? Sounds interesting!

8. BBK

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    Quote:Ok I am curious, what is a sabepott? I have never heard of them? Sounds interesting!

Me either...sound interesting.....

9. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    I ma putting eggs in on Valentines DAy! Have a seperate thread going for that - but huh i am in on the March hatch! well [​IMG]

10. thefamilyflock

thefamilyflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    East Granby CT
    I had also been hoping to participate int the Feb./Brinsea hatch, but that didn't work out as planned. So now I have 2 shipments of eggs due to arrive in the next couple of days! If all goes well we will be hatching the first week of March! The eggs are ameraucanas of various colors and a dozen assorted LF. The incubator is ready and waiting......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by