March Hatch - First Time Incubating Shipped Eggs Hatch-Along!

I say 1st day is the day you put them in the incubator. by the way, blue splash marans are PRETTY!

Thank you! I have settled down a little and will be grateful for whatever I get, haha.

OKAY! So I have no self control and I couldn't resist candling my eggs at day 5! Here's what I found:

YEAH BLUE SILKIE!!!!

YEAH BELGIAN QUAIL ANTWERP
I think it is developing and will continue to do so..

Maybe my Lavender Orpington is developing? At first I thought it was a blood ring but I can see a smattering of veins at one end. So maybe?!

Here's one of the many eggs thats not developing, it looks like the air sac was shaken and made two? Bifurcated?

Here's another..

Overall I'm excited to see any growth! I'm going to check again on thurs (day 7) with some friends (I promised) and again on day 10. I guess I'll cull the ones not developing then and take a look at them.. So far it looks like all my blue silkies are developing! Unfortunately none of the red silkies or the barnevelders. A couple of the belgian antwerp quail too though! Hopefully my lavender orpington and a couple of the blues. I tried one of the marans but I couldn't see anything through that shell so who knows. I'm just excited to see any signs of life!

Last edited:
I like to cull the undeveloped ones then I don't spend any time on them. My 6 are all developing, and they were fridge eggs from a friend. I have another batch of fridge eggs hatching today. (in different bators) i have peeping and peck hole. maybe 3-4 today and more on wed. thurs.

Back
Top Bottom