March Hatch-Along Thread- Come Hatch With Us!!!!!

Hi all, I have eggs due the 4 if they are going to hatch. Got pitiful results on my first set of turkey eggs (only 2 alive), so trying again. I think it's more when the tom has had his way this the hens than anything else, but that's just my thinking..I've a geology degree and have rocks in my head, so there ya go.
Also got some Ameraucanas set for the 11th, so we'll see. I hope everyone has great hatches. It should be a fun year.

coffee2-smiley.gif
Afternoon all! Just got back to the house, bator n eggs are doing good. Dnt know about anything outside yet, but will go check here soon. I sure hope something hatches....but if there ist rocking in rolling then we will set another 12 outside, got 42 inside. This hatching thang sure is fun!!!
dance-girl1-smiley.gif

The eggs came today! All look in great shape and planning to place them in the bator tonight. Here's the final list;
Ameraucanas 5
Barnevelders 2
Blue Laced Red Wyandottes 3
Black Copper Marans 3
Blue Marans 4
Cuckoo Marans 3
Olive Eggers 4
Welsummers 1
Wheaten Marans 5
Total = 30
Sooooooo Excited!
wee.gif

farmhand aka Clifford aka Grampa

Well, if you mean match hatch a long meaning march is the hatch month then yes. I am in. I just incubated yesterday which means March 15 is day 21.... March 12 is day 18.
March 4 is day 10....

Count me in on this! Have a bunch of yard eggs in the bator. Mutts every one! Should be due the second weekend of March. Anxious to see what we get since we have 3 roos and 24 hens. A Delaware, RIR, and Wellsumer bantam roo. Mix of girls, RIR, BO, BSL, Austrolorps, WLH, and Silkies. Should make for an interesting hatch, cuz no clue what is what!

So I bought a second hygrometer because even after I put the lil jar with a sponge in it it still only was 35%. So my new, new one (my 1st one is brand new too!) says 70%. I can't believe it's like 25% off! I'm going to calibrate the 1st one tonight with the wet salt in a bag, then calibrate the 2nd one tomorrow. It's been hard keeping my humidity up at 65% so how do you raise it even higher for lock down?.....put a second container of water with a sponge in it? What about vent plugs, in or out? Also I wanted to know how much of the sponge should be sticking out of the water? I'm incubating duck eggs in a still air in case anyone is wondering about the high humidity.
Is this set up ok for optimum humidity readings?........

Here you can see the lil square hygrometer on top of the eggs. Then the white hanging wire from my digital hygrometer/thermometer & the thermometer that came with my bator is on top of the other eggs. Also the jar w/ sponge.

Just set my eggs today! Bought my eggs from four different sources, and two gave me six extra, each. Ended up filling the 42 spaces in the egg turner, and then tucked six more along the edge that I will hand turn. I'm sure that there will be culls after the first candle.

Maybe this will be a cull. Is this petroglyph a crack?

Back
Top Bottom