1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. BRAHMA-MAMA2011

BRAHMA-MAMA2011 New Egg

Sep 28, 2011
    [​IMG]I AM SO FRUSTRATED. I POSTED THREAD ABOUT MY BARRED ROCK WHO WAS ACTING DRUNK, HAD FECAL SAMPLE RUN, TESTED + FOR COCCIDIA, TREATED HER AND DEWORMED HER. SHE DIED 10 DAYS AFTER HER FIRST SIGN OF NOT FEELING SO HOT. I FOUND THAT SHE 1 COULDN'T WALK, 2 LOST WEIGHT AND 3 SHE HAD ONE EYE THAT TURNED GREY. I AM TREATING ALL MY GIRLS FOR COCCIDIA AS THE VET RECCOMENDED ALONG WITH DURAFEND TO DEWORM.
    NOW I HAVE BEEN SITTING OUT IN THE COOP TAKING "NOTES" THEY ALL SHAKE THEIR HEADS AND HAVE A SNEEZE NOW AND THEN. THEY LOOK BRIGHT SHINEY AND EAT LIKE PIGS! POOP ALL LOOKS FINE..... NOW WHAT??? DO I JUST LET THE HEAD SHAKING AND SNEEZES GO?? WTH CAUSES HEAD SHAKING?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

If the head shake/sneeze is just happening every once in a while, I wouldn't worry too much. You've checked them over closely for mites??
    Sneezing/head shaking could be anything from "got dust in my nostrils/throat" to a respiratory infection - any fluid drainage around the nostrils? But if you're giving an antibiotic already, a UTI seems unlikely, else I would suggest tylan 50.
    Sorry - hoping someone with more experience with illnesses will see your post....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by