Mare's Illegal Cute-ness (Call Duck) Chat Thread!!

Pics
Mmm, the Harliquine page, with a dash of pied from the white markings page. :love

Honestly, most pictures I've seen do them no justice at all. The colors and fine markings that they have when you look closely at them are so lovely! I don't honestly have great pictures to show it, either, but some of the gray males I've seen in show have been breathtaking!

View attachment 3342400View attachment 3342401View attachment 3342402
I have a blue fawn pied male. I will be pairing him with my penciled hen this spring. He is one of my favorites for sure. I'll have to get some better pictures of them. Here are my little ones. ❤️
Screenshot_20221206_145220_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20221206_145300_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20221206_145109_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20221206_145048_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20221206_144842_Photos.jpg

Oh my. The Pastels are gorgeous. Your flock is beautiful. The OG sure have flourished. I still love Lidus!

Let me know if you want to add another color. I'd be more than willing to send some eggs from my show whites or grey. Or black east indie if you'd like. I have limited knowledge of showing but could help out with what I have learned from attending shows so far. My indies took 3rd and 4th and our last show.:love❤️
Thank you!! Heather has a Lidus baby. Hopefully she'll post some pics soon. She is the same age as Raspberry, but a bit smaller.

That would be amazing! I'll definitely reach out to you at some point. 🥰

Congratulations!! So exciting!

Blue or self-blue? Magpie, pied, or bibbed?
Blue magpie!
Not Magpie, pattern is wrong. Too much blue around the body, belly should be white.

I'll take it, though! :)
Agreed, magpie is a specific pattern. From my understanding, it’s just called Pied when it doesn’t meet the magpie pattern. Blue bibbed has more blue, and only a white breast, and self-blue is solid blue, no white. so I would call her Blue Pied.
It's the bill for me. Something is so appealing about a bill that short and a head that round. Hence my Cornish bantams
Cornish bantams???? Can we see please?

What color is this drake?
View attachment 3342492
Are you positive this one is a drake? After looking back at all of them, they are all in nuptial plumage, so I would have guessed this to be a grey dusky hen. If it’s definitely a boy, he is just still in his juvenile plumage.

Agreed, magpie is a specific pattern. From my understanding, it’s just called Pied when it doesn’t meet the magpie pattern. Blue bibbed has more blue, and only a white breast, and self-blue is solid blue, no white. so I would call her Blue Pied.

Cornish bantams???? Can we see please?
I'll get some decent pictures when I go to water them. I've got dark, white, red laced white, a single blue laced red and a single blue paint laced red

Back
Top Bottom