Mari--- what is she??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by torrelee, Jul 11, 2011.

1. torrelee

torrelee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    Mariposa was sold to me at around 4 weeks as an ameracauna... Hoped that meant she was going to be an easter egger, but am doubting it. I'm not sure on her comb, but it looks the same as my lt. brahma, so it is either a pea comb or they both have singles?? I'm guessing SLW cross, but wondering if anyone with more experience has an opinion?? These pics are from right around 11 weeks, she has more pink in the comb/wattle region now at around 14 weeks, but looks the same otherwise. Mari the mystery chicken:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    around 4 weeks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    I'd be inclined to agree with you. She doesn't have any EE traits, and seems to be a poorly patterned silver laced wyandotte.

3. torrelee

torrelee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    That is kind of what I was thinking.... any ideas on what she may be crossed with?? Her comb doesn't look anythiing like my GLW.

4. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

I think she'll be a pretty hen. [​IMG]

5. ChickiePieGirl

ChickiePieGirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    She looks like one of my "EEs" but the one I am referring to looks NOTHING like the other EEs. [​IMG] I noticed the legs on three of me EEs are almost a blue greenish tint, and the girl that looks like your little lady had yellow-golden legs like yours. I was told she was an "aracauna" but she looked different from her sisters from the start. I am curious to figure out what she really is. I love her just the same. [​IMG]

6. Quote:X2

7. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    Where did you get her? From a feed store or from an individual?

8. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    No....BUT she is SOOO cute!!!! [​IMG]

9. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Mari is definately in a class of her own. [​IMG] What class, one wonders? For such a special lady, a special name-what you have there is an Isabelline Silver Magnolia. Very rare, verrrry classy!

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:[​IMG] How classy!! She likes her sister too. How sweet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by