Mark down your Hatch Date!

Happy Helper

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Sunbury, Ohio
The electricity went off for three hours last week during the night. I woke up to my incubator reading 80 degrees. I covered the incubator with a blanket until the power came back up. I'm hoping the eggs will still be ok. Anyway, when I went to check the days to hatch, my Nurture Right 360 read d-45. My point is that it's a good thing I wrote down the hatch date because I sure would not have remembered it. The turner is working fine so I am just going to leave it alone and not try to fix it. After the hatch when I reset it again I am assuming that it will reset correctly.

The electricity went off for three hours last week during the night. I woke up to my incubator reading 80 degrees. I covered the incubator with a blanket until the power came back up. I'm hoping the eggs will still be ok. Anyway, when I went to check the days to hatch, my Nurture Right 360 read d-45. My point is that it's a good thing I wrote down the hatch date because I sure would not have remembered it. The turner is working fine so I am just going to leave it alone and not try to fix it. After the hatch when I reset it again I am assuming that it will reset correctly.

It's a good idea to write the hatch date down anyway's and keep it in a safe place. Electricity can go out at anytime and some thing's like digital clock's have to be re-set when the electric comes back on. It was wise of you to also have that blanket handy to throw over your incubator to try to keep what heat that you could inside for those egg's.

Yeah, it gave me quite a start when I awoke and found complete darkness. The computer and printers were off and the clock was completely dark. Since the incubator is in my bedroom, it was easy to throw a blanket over it.

I keep a small sized blanket or a thick towel in the room that I keep my incubator in. It's not kept in my bedroom. I have my incubator sitting on top of a large sized plastic dog crate that I use for my brooder. It's easy to transfer them down into the pre set up brooder after the hatch.

I don't use fancy incubators that keep track of days. In the past I hatched weekly during spring and summer and used multiple incubators so I have a lot to keep track of.
I always use an official BYC calendar devoted just for hatching dates and such.

Oh, that sounds so much fun! My daughter would disown me if I hatched too many batches of chicks. She complains of them pooping in her barn. I do enjoy reading about everyone's experiences in hatching eggs and raising baby chicks.

Back
Top Bottom