Market for Selling unique chicken breeds

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by quayrida, Dec 26, 2014.

1. quayrida

quayrida New Egg

Dec 23, 2014
    Hello,

I always glean so much wonderful information from the forums and I want to thank everyone for there insight :) I am a chicken fanatic and the past couple of years I have enjoyed incubating eggs. I can't keep them all, so I typically sell the extra's to cover the cost and make a little extra. My problem is that I tend to really love the more unique breeds with hatching egg's that can cost quite a bit and locally most people want cheap chicks, they could care less about the genetics, heritage or uniqueness.
    I currently have some beautiful blue laced red Wyandotte's that will start laying this year and I am going to hatch out some Favaucana's, cream legbars, Bielefelder as well as a few other breeds but I don't know how to reach out to a market who would like these breeds. Other than craigslist, is there any other site I can list the chicks?

2. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

The buy sell trade thread here of the breeds thread are good places to start. Also try your state thread for local prospective buyers

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Facebook has lots of chicken groups.
    Where are you located?

4. quayrida

quayrida New Egg

Dec 23, 2014
    We are located in North East Florida

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Search Backyard Chickens and Facebook for threads and groups in your part of the Florida.

ET: Also Search Backyard Chickens for the specific breed threads.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by