Martha Stewart dog toys

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Sep 23, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I can't stand the woman personally, for no particular reason other than I think a big fuss has been made about her and she's nothing special.

They've been advertising MS dog toys on TV. The crocheted ones really gets me to giggling:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11279202&lmdn=SHOP+FOR

All it would take is for one of my GSDs to get a tooth snagged on one piece of those toys and it would be game over.

Do people really buy that junk just because it has Martha Stewart's name attached to it? [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You must be kidding. In no way is that a dog toy. My dog Cody killed Kong toys! Now, my current old dog might not kill one of these, only because she doesn't chew on anything, doesn't get the concept of playing with toys, but any normal dog would decimate one of these in three seconds flat.

3. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I think they are perfectly cute, and that has nothing to do with the name. If I had the type of dogs that wouldn't disembowel a plush toy in 0.2 seconds I just might get a few, heck they are cheap enough at $8. I am not sure that I would label this dog toy as junk, but I think you might be just because of the name attached to it. Which, if you ask me, is the same as buying them because they say Martha Stewart.

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I think these toys were made for the people that have the really small dogs like Chihuahua's and Maltese's that have no real bite! They are just there for the looks [​IMG] I got my dog one of those stuffingless dog toys they say cant be torn apart. Well 20 mins later I was picking up all the pieces [​IMG]

5. kwoody88

kwoody88 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2011
    Birmingham, AL
    I have some small schnauzer pups and a couple yorkie/chihuahua mixes and these would be fine toys for them. Only one of the dogs is every capable of actually tearing a toy up. The others just chew on them and play tug-of-war

6. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    But Martha has Chows, they haven't shredded anything?

7. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Quote:What big fuss?

8. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I think you have to know your dogs and what works for them.

My cocker would be fine with those, he runs around with cat toys in his mouth and still has his first puppy toy (he will be 9 this year) I have a couple of friends that crochet "brain balls" for dog charity fundraisers.

But I know other cockers that would would have a pile of yard in no time flat

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Here too, only I don't think it took Jax, our older GSD, 20 minutes.
    At the same time, I occasionally give the boys a dirty egg to play with. The record is 30 some minutes before they break the egg and eat the contents.

We have to stick with cow femur bones and they do have one kong that they haven't torn up, but then again they never play with.

10. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Quote:Here too, only I don't think it took Jax, our older GSD, 20 minutes.
    At the same time, I occasionally give the boys a dirty egg to play with. The record is 30 some minutes before they break the egg and eat the contents.

We have to stick with cow femur bones and they do have one kong that they haven't torn up, but then again they never play with.

I have a 4 year old will be 5 in november Akita. When she was puppy she tried to eat the couch! She got a good portion down before we came home. After that it was back to the crate while we were gone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by