1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Martha Stewart meets Chain Link

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Bantam Chase, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Bantam Chase

Bantam Chase Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    SC PA
    Ok, I'm sooo not Martha, but I did spend the afternoon churching up the chain link dog kennel. It took nearly a zillion $0.94 cans of FLAT black spray paint (do not try this without one of those nifty $3 trigger attachments) but the chainlink now looks perfectly respectable. The flat black does not reflect any light so you don't notice the ripples in the chain, plus your eye naturally sees 'though' the black without focusing on the wire. In the future, if there's any nicks or scratches they can be touched up easily since flat black will always match flat black! I was really hating the fact that a chain link kennel was so economical, but now I really think I"ll be happy to live with it!

2. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Do you mind if i ask what the kennel is for? chicken run? do we get pics?

3. Bantam Chase

Bantam Chase Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    SC PA
    Lol, yes, for the outdoor run, sorry! I found a 8x13' dog kennel on craigslist for $100 right down the street - I would not be able to build a run for half that money, even with what I"ll need to convert it for the birds. Pictures will come tomorrow - I"m half way through fitting it to the side of what will be the 'barn'. Its a work in progress, that's for sure!

4. juliaaa

juliaaa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Syracuse, New York
    I LOVE the name of this topic!!!!!! It made me giggle.

5. goldtopper

goldtopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Near Bert Blyleven
    Dang, with the thread title, I was hoping this was an obit!

6. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    yay we always love pics.

7. flyboy129

flyboy129 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Good one goldtopper! [​IMG] That made my day! A true lol. I do like the idea of black fencing. Makes taking pics of the birds easier. I'd put up a camera just to record the first unsuspecting predator running into the pen at full tilt [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by