Martha Stewart's the Chicken Show April 2010

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 6chickens in St. Charles, Jun 28, 2010.

1. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
  2. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    OK so I just checked and the link works. Thank God for BYC, I've had to learn a lot about navigating around the computer, just to participate in Backyard Chickens Forum! lol!

Has anybody else seen this too? Lets put our feet up, make some popcorn and watch it again with me!

3. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

My DD and a couple of friends went to the show. We sat in the very front row. Could see great but I was hoping to see my DD on TV. Oh, well. It was a fun, but rainy day.

4. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Quote:How cool! Was that your own chicken on your lap? Or did they hand out Martha Stewart's chickens? I thought her Buff Orpington looked jealous she was holding another chicken...

5. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

No, we didn't bring any birds. We were originally going to take the train down and they do not allow animals so we just went for fun.

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    awesome!!!!! i just watched it!! [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Oh, thanks for the link. I missed the program, so I just now watched it.

Surprises me that Martha doesn't know more about chickens. She didn't even know the one on her lap was an Easter Egger. [​IMG] That and ......... more. [​IMG]

Oh well, at least she brought attention to chickens in general. That is a good thing! I am thinking that people who do not know anything about chickens may be surprised when they see the audience holding chickens.

8. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    ...and I am Totally AWED that Jan Brett is a chicken lady. She is my absolutely favorite all time children's book author! I think we have all her books, even the first one (Goldilocks and the three bears). Her chiristmastime treasury is fantastic.

I'm sold on chickens now, for sure.

9. PorterinCT

PorterinCT Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2010
    NorthEastern, CT
    Martha's chicken show is why I decided to try and get chickens (and in the process found BYC!!!)

I ordered 9 chicks from MyPetChicken.com, lost 2 the next day (they weren't eating or drinking on their own, I was
    feeding them out of a spoon, but I lost them). The MyPetChicken people were very nice, when I called and
    told them two chicks weren't looking good, they tried to make me feel better and said "It sometimes happens
    were you loose some".

Being I am brand new to this and didn't know that, I think I will get chicks locally if we get more in the
    future.

It was a great show, I enjoyed the old photos of ladies with their hens!

10. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Me, too, I hope to be one of those old photos of ladies with their hens some day.

I am only 2 years into keeping chickens, and today we don't have anybody laying eggs anymore. But I just got off the phone with my mom, we both have a lot of laughs about the life we live with Roaster, our EE hen. She is our good birdfriend. I would love more eggs, if she feels like it, or ever gets around to it, but I love her anyways for her company.

I think I'll call MyPetChicken for our next batch of chicks when we're feeling like we really need more of those great eggs. I wonder if they sell EE chicks? The temperament and the delicious eggs of our Roaster are wonderful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by