Martinsburg WV Chickenstock Sept 24th 2011 8am- noon

WooHoo! I will be there too! Thanks Carol for letting me know!
wee.gif
I will have:

They will be 13 weeks by chickenstock:

Rhode island red pullets
Barred rock pullets
Golden comet pullets

Depending on hatching, I may have coral blue, royal purple, and gray guineas...I'm selling them so fast though, they may be gone before hand!

I may also go thru and thin out a little more by then, so hard telling what I will be bringing!

I was really counting on a lot of you having birds for my event to help support it. I understand you want to have another WV stock for those whom aren't npip but, the weekend before mine? that's really disappointing to me. I wish you all the luck but, I really wish you would've pushed it back to the end of Oct or stepped it up to the beginning of Sept that way some could do both and not have to choose.

Last edited:
I have almost 100 birds to sell! I will have plenty of birds to sell at both! I want to be able to support both!
love.gif

Kat, I really appreciate that. I am not really concerned about competition as I think there is plenty to go around but, just thought it was a bit weird to pick that weekend

im going to both.
Erin this one is from what I know for the ones that will not go to maryland and have birds for sale.
It was not meant to take away from you at all. Speaking for myself I got a lot of people that will not buy from out of state due to they cant make it there of want to support only wv breeders.
I know it does not make sence being your just up the road, but who can tell what is going on with these people.
I had a lot of ticked off people that had already taken the last two weekends off just for the ts swap only to find out it is no more and moved out of state.
I know the date is not the best and it was last minute but can't we please all our buyers that way we dont loose any for our wv swaps and help yours?
I have to cut way back due to family issues so I have more then enought to sell. I don't even know if I have enough cages for all I have. I also stated if I have any left as I have been selling all along and will keep selling them for my own personal reasons. I'm sorry if you feel it was a slam againt you as you are very wrong. We all stated our concerns about it to you from the get go as far as the wv people reacting to the swap set up.
Again Erin I know that the ones that set this up have been to everyone of your swaps and support you 100% and were very worried about how you would react.
One of the reasons it was so last minute.
We all
love.gif
you Erin and all you have done. I'm kinda glad for this one for more then one reason
the one I will talk about is I hope to not have as much so I can show at yours and actully watch and learn from the clinic this time.

I'm going to both as well there can never be enough poultry events. There would be something poultry related every weekend in a perfect world (in my book anyway). I thought the 24th would be best as it gives us slightly over a month to get the word out which is hardly enough time. By October its getting cold out and most folks have settled up their pens as far as what stays and what goes. I had so many people asking me about it I decided to look into why there wasn't one like there always had been in the past. I was told there was no one to run it so I figured I'd throw my hat in.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom