Mary Kay users or consultants?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by coloradochick, Jan 16, 2009.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Are there any of you out there?

2. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I used to be ... not any more.. I have a few things I still use .. but they are from a while back.. things like an eyeliner and some shaddows that I can never use up..

3. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I really like MK. I don't use everything, in fact I only wear makeup for church or if I have to go somewhere special. No need for nail polish in the chicken coop, or while I'm studying, lol...

Is there something you want or wanna know about? One of my dear friends is a rep.

Hugs
    Christina

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
  5. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I've been a consultant for about 17 years. I don't do skin care classes anymore, but have a core of re-sale customers - some of them since I started! And, of course, I use the products myself. I don't use a lot of color cosmetics - only for occasions - but the skin care can't be beat. I've been using it since I was in my 20s (just turned 51) and constantly get comments about how "young" I look (although that's a relative thing! [​IMG]).
    If you haven't tried the products, give them a try. If you are interested in becoming a consultant, there is certainly a lot of opportunity there. Be willing to put the time in to build your business and there is $$$ to be made. Although I am no longer actually "working" my business, I can't think of a single thing that I ever had a problem with as far as the company itself goes.
    Hope this helps!

6. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Well, I was actually asking because I did sell is a few years back and got out of it. But I received a postcard from my Sr. Director that says they would love to have me back and for $20 she can resign me with a new agreement. I'm sure with the economy that way it is MK sales have dropped like everything else so they're trying to build it back up. It says make 50% profit or simply save 50% on my own purchases which is what I would like to do to start out. So I'm just having a personal dilemma on whether I want to dive into something else.I was never the one to go have numerous classes but when I was working I had many re-sale customers that I worked with. So I'm just having a personal dilemma on whether I want to dive back into it again. It's very tempting. I do love the product. I was just curious I guess to see if there was still women out there that are using it and would I be able to get some sales.
    Thanks for all of your repsonses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by