1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Maryland-6 free- 1 yr old- layers (pics. below)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by rehsanipoor, Jun 25, 2019.

1. rehsanipoor

rehsanipoor Chirping

Jan 29, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    We have 6 hens that are one year old (2 red sex link, 2 barred Plymouth, 2 buff orp). They are very friendly and have been raised as pets with lots of kids around (known to sit on laps and swings for company). They are good natured and great layers. No health or behavior issues. We just can't keep them due to a change in our circumstances. I do not want to split them up and want to be sure they are going to a good home with enough space where they will be happy. We are sad to let them go, they are a great bunch of girls. I'll include some pics below. You will need to pick up and transport. IMG_0464.JPG IMG_0453.JPG IMG_0458.JPG IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0463.JPG

IrishLad61 likes this.
  2. cjisok

cjisok In the Brooder

Jun 24, 2019
    Beautiful girls! Sent you a PM

IrishLad61 likes this.
  3. rehsanipoor

rehsanipoor Chirping

Jan 29, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    The Buff Orpringtons are very sweet and one of our girls (Clara) is the mother/guardian of the group. She always makes sure everybody is up to roost before she goes in for the night. I really don't want to split them up, I'll keep you in mind if we change our mind though.

IrishLad61 and cjisok like this.
  4. rehsanipoor

rehsanipoor Chirping

Jan 29, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    They've been together from day one so I just feel badly doing it!

IrishLad61 and cjisok like this.
  5. cjisok

cjisok In the Brooder

Jun 24, 2019
    Totally understand! Hopefully the perfect person comes along.

IrishLad61 likes this.
  6. avrohom

avrohom Chirping

May 9, 2010
    Are your birds still available? Would you be wiling to ship to CT? I could possibly cover the shipping costs.

IrishLad61 likes this.
  7. RoosterML

RoosterML Songster

Lol @ could possibly cover the shipping cost.

8. rehsanipoor

rehsanipoor Chirping

Jan 29, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    They are still available but I'm not sure how shipping would work.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: