1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Maryland-6 free- 1 yr old- laying girls

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by rehsanipoor, Jun 18, 2019.

1. rehsanipoor

rehsanipoor Chirping

Jan 29, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    We have 6 hens that are one year old (2 red sex link, 2 barred Plymouth, 2 buff orp). They are very friendly and have been raised as pets with lots of kids around. They are good natured and great layers. No health issues. We just can't keep them due to a change in our circumstances. I do not want to split them up and want to be sure they are going to a good home with enough space that they'll be happy at. We are sad to let them go they really are a sweet bunch.

IrishLad61 likes this.
  2. AshRosc

AshRosc Chirping

May 22, 2019
    Where are you located in MD?

IrishLad61 likes this.
  3. rehsanipoor

rehsanipoor Chirping

Jan 29, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    We're in Baltimore (Mt. Washington area)

IrishLad61 likes this.
  4. AshRosc

AshRosc Chirping

May 22, 2019
    Well .. I wanted to take them but my husband said we have enough for now :idunno he always needs to be the reasonable one. You aren’t too far from me either!

IrishLad61 likes this.
  5. BullChick

BullChick Enslaved by a Duckling

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    IrishLad61 likes this.
  6. Preciouslooks

Preciouslooks Hatching

Jun 22, 2019
    I will take them all, I have just built a brand new coop because after raising my 7 chicks I decided it's something I want to continue doing. The brand new coop just needs some finishing touches and the 6 of them can have it if they're still available.

AshRosc likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: