Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Msbear, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Hey all, I guess it's about that time to start advertising again. We had a great turnout for the first on this past Spring and I anticipate more traffic this time around though, please keep in mind, not many folks will be wanting to purchase chicks to winter over... Most folks will be hunting for started pullets and layers and, of course, show birds. Tom Roebuck, master breeder/exhibitor will be judging the Show Clinic. If you are interested in entering your birds so that you will learn more about showing, please contact Majestic Lane Poultry for an entry form. And, we are hunting for a bluegrass band that will want to join in on the fun.. so, if any of you West Virginians out there know of anyone, pm me.

We will have a moon bounce for the kids as well as the pony rides, concession stand (with much more help) and lots of fellow bird lovers to chit and chat with

The ins and outs

GREEN HILL FARM
    5329 Mondell Rd.
    Sharpsburg, MD. 21782
    9am - 3pm VENDORS: PLEASE ARRIVE BEFORE 8:30!! and bring your NPIP or other paperwork
    CONTACT INFO: Erin 304-279-0016

[​IMG]

Testing Date: SUNDAY, SEPT. 25th

THE LIST: TBA

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. chi-chick

chi-chick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    [​IMG] I can't wait. I will tell the THAT DAY. [​IMG]

3. chi-chick

chi-chick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    Oops that was supposed to say I will tell the boss that I can't work that day. ( I'm just too excited, that and the dog is walking on the keyboard.)

Charlene

4. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    YAY! I really hope you can do the show clinic!! I have a few new birds I want to get in for a professional opinion also a bird I had in the show last time that he seemed to like!

5. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    officially lurking [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. UrbanBlueShamrock

UrbanBlueShamrock Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    Berkeley Springs
    Yayy! Can't wait. Let me know what I can do to help!

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Woo hoo [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Slkymom1-4

Slkymom1-4 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2011
    Hi Erin, We'll be there. Maybe even with bells on or maybe just feathers. Slkymom1-4[​IMG]

9. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Hey Erin! Question!! I lost the paper with the information of the place in Frederick that you can get the leg bands at. Do you know any of that information?
    Also I was wondering if you knew anyone who does testing? I need a couple of birds tested for next month but I cant find any information on who to contact about it!
    Thank you!!!

10. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    You'd have to contact the state vet at UMD. and you can order leg bands from any online poultry supply. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by