Maryland Poultry Swap **JUNE 8th 2013** HUGE sales with lots of fun things for the family

Msbear

Fancy Banties
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Sharpsburg, MD.
Green Hill Farm
5329 Mondell Rd.
Sharpsburg, MD. 21782

June 8th 2013 8-2

A handful of local breeders started out with a Chickenstock we organized on BYC 4 years ago and it has grown to one of the largest swaps on the east coast. This year is expected to be the biggest yet. Come and sell ANYTHING farm related/homemade/handcrafted/recycled/vintage. $15 vendor fee gets you a spot to sell. There will be a free testing clinic two Sundays prior to the event for all MD sellers. Out of state sellers must obtain their own testing. Please see the website for rules on selling livestock and other info. If you just plan to sell handmade items or crafts, etc. just show up before 7:00 am (no registration is necessary) and the parking attendants will show you to a space. Set up behind your vehicle and be ready for shoppers promptly at 8am. We will have watering stations to get fresh water for your animals.

The whole family will enjoy this one as we have pony rides, moon bounce, pig roast, concession stand, bluegrass band, poultry show, coop tour and our very large sales area.

Parking is free but, we are charging adults $2 ea admission fee to help cover logistics (porto potties, parking attendants and now we need traffic control to navigate all the vehicles coming down my back road, advertising, cleanup, etc). Kids 17 and under are free.

We are located right outside of historic Sharpsburg. Make a day and enjoy the Antietam Battlefield. Camping is free on the farm that weekend so feel free to bring the camper, tents or just sleep in the back of the pickup under the stars.

we will be doing promotions like cute chick contests and coop giveaways leading up to swap day. join in on the fun at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maryland-Poultry-Swap-Farmers-Market/131707836905457

THE LIST ... coming soon.

Last edited:
Are the same band and the same food venders going to be there that were at the Sept.swap? They were great.

We left before the band got there! Darn!
I really wanted to post because June 8th is my birthday and you know, if you want to bring me a gift... LOL, kidding.
I wanted to post what I am looking for, actually. You know, just in case people need to start hatching now. ;)
- Mottled SQ/BQ Bantam Cochin Hens/Pullets (blue/black)
- Black SQ/BQ Bantam Cochins (Trio or Quad)
- 100% UK Black/Blue LF Orpington Hens/Pullets
- Red Burboun or Blue Slate Poults
- Sebbies
- Cages
- Cage Cups/Feeders

I am positive there will be a few breeders of show quality silkies.. I think there were 5 or 6 last year that do well at the shows.

The same bluegrass band will be attending. There will be a couple different food vendors this year. Jeff (local guy) will roast a whole hog and have it picked for BBQ sammies and platters. He will have burger, weiners, tator salad, mac salad, cole slaw and maybe italian sausages. There will also be the the grilled pizza gals. They are great. They do unique personal pizzas on the grill. My dad will have sodas, waters, sports drinks and juices for the kids.

I checked my website for the first time this year and it received 90 some hits on a Wednesday...I am very excited about this year. More and more peeps have been hearing about it and I think there will be a larger variety of vendors.

So very tricking excited!!!!!!! I can camp night prior or just arrive reeeeaaally early? Also can I bring some blacksmithing items for sale? Vendor spaces are $15 each yeah? So excited! :D

Back
Top Bottom