Maryland

ahhh, finally a MD thread! on page 15! yay- at least i'm not alone out there. I live in Baltimore county with my small flock of 7 (RIR and BR). and though not currently, i have raised ducks as well. what part are you from?

Hi there! I am in Northern Baltimore County and My family and I (me, hubby and 3 human chicks) just recently acquired 6 leghorn chicks. We are loving like with our new baby flock and eager to learn as much as we can. My husband is from Ohio and is an OSU graduate so when we learned that there is a hybrid breed of Buckeyes we know we'll be adding a few of those to the family eventually too. Hoping to eventually have a flock of 12 but we will get started with our 6 and see how things go from there.

I live in Baltimore County, too! There must be another Maryland thread out there somewhere. There used to be one, but I haven't been on these forums for about a year. Now that I've got baby chicks again, all my questions come back and here I am!
We have only three of our 8 original flock members left after three years of raising chickens and we are learning as we go. (Mostly we are learning about predators and how to keep trying to outfox the fox...and possum...and hawk...)
We have three new chicks to add to our small flock.
So glad to know there are others close by!

I found the other Maryland thread. It is actually called "Maryland Thread!" There are a lot of people on it from all over the state.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom