marysville, california flea market/poultry sale

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by wmcneal, May 21, 2012.

1. wmcneal

wmcneal Chirping

Jan 6, 2012
    marysville,ca
    it's located on simpson ln in marysville, people start getting there before the sunrise, and end at?. free to look, but they charge to sell. i've got some good birds there, but buyer beware. does anyone know of other animal sales in the area?

2. Cornishchick

Cornishchick Hatching

Jun 27, 2012
    Does the Marysville flea market do poultry sales every weekend? The Roseville auction does poultry sales every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month.

Shortblondemommy likes this.
  3. wmcneal

wmcneal Chirping

Jan 6, 2012
    marysville,ca
    every sunday

4. UrbanviewFarm

UrbanviewFarm In the Brooder

Apr 2, 2012
    State of Jefferson
    The closest other swap I know of is up in Redding, every Saturday morning. We see everything from chickens and bantams to peafowl and pheasant to goats pigs and puppies.

5. cmtigger

cmtigger Chirping

Mar 23, 2011
    Does anybody have more information about the Roseville auction? I've got some roosters to sell, and I can't find much current information online.

6. MotherUdder

MotherUdder Hatching

May 16, 2017
    Late to the party but relevant for future inquiries. Roseville auction starts taking birds very early, around 6am. They take them until 9am. Auction begins at 9:30am. The auctions are on the 1st and 3rd Sundays.

We have sold ducks, chickens, and goats there. Don't expect more than $8-$10 for a hen or rooster. Unless selection is poor and competition is high, you won't get more than that. Rare birds often go for the same as any barnyard mix. We saw an Ayam Cemani Roo (very nice color) go for $7 yesterday.

The managers take 25% of the sale. Also, inspectors are going to sales, auctions, and flea markets, fining people for not having some kind of paperwork lately (I haven't been able to learn what paperwork yet). I will update when I learn what is going on with that.

7. Kayakrose

Kayakrose In the Brooder

Jul 10, 2018
    Northern California
    Hi, I have taken my roosters to the Eppersons Pet Swap on Saturday mornings on Fig Tree Ln., South Redding, out south of the airport.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: