Maryville, Tn swap/sale

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Mtn Cur, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Mtn Cur

Mtn Cur Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Seymour, Tn
    Posting for someone on craigslist that is not a member:

I AM HOLDING A CHICKEN ECT, SALE AT MY PLACE ON AUGUST 28, 2010 IN MARYVILLE, ,..........THIS IS THE FIRST ONE I HAVE EVER HELD..JUST GOING TO SEE HOW IT DOES ...IF IT DOES GOOD IT WILL BE THE 4TH SATURDAY IN EVERY MONTH....SO IF YOU WANT TO COME AND BRING YOUR QUAIL,DUCKS, TURKEYS,GOATS ,CHICKENS ECT, COME ON FREE OF CHARGE TO SET UP ...AND EVERTHING ......IT WILL START AT 7:00 AND END AT -WHENEVER............IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE E-MAIL OR JUST CALL/TEXT ME AT 1-865-257-6128

ADDRESS: 620 DOTSON MEMORIAL ROAD , MARYVILLE,TN 37801 .....LOCATED OFF OF WILLIAM BLOUNT DRIVE ......ALMOST 1 MILE FROM US HIGHWAY 411 ...............PARK ANYWHERE YOU CAN ............

JUST REMEMBER THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HAVING THIS SO IF ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT SHOW ...PLEASE DONT BE UPSET

IF YOU ARE OR THINK YOU MIGHT BE COMING WILL YOU PLEASE TEXT OR E-MAIL BACK ANYTIME AND LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN ESTIMATE HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE HERE THANKS..........HANK

2. Mtn Cur

Mtn Cur Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Seymour, Tn
    Bump....

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Am hoping I will have sold all my sale birds by the 28th.
    May come check things out anyway, though.

Are there signs up anywhere around town to promote this? How are buyers being reached?

4. JJWW

JJWW New Egg

Apr 11, 2011
    i know this is an old post but I was wondering if you were still having these chicken sales? And if so, when?

Thanks so much.

5. ajducky

ajducky Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Quote:I would also like to know if they are still having the poultry swap/sale. If not, I'm very interested in starting a weekly or bi-weekly poultry swap/sale in or near Knoxville. I would love to find some local people who could help me get everything together, i.e. location, dates/times, ect.

6. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Does anyone know if the Co-op in Sevierville allows live poultry sales at their farmer's market on Saturdays?

7. katchley7595

katchley7595 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2011
    dont kno now but can find out tomarrow i live in sevierville and would love to see a gettogether

8. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I found out that the Co-op farmer's market does not allow live bird sales, but they're trying to get some kind of swap started. Will let you know when I find ou more!

9. katchley7595

katchley7595 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2011
    what about the tractor supply across street they may and no construction im not home at this time i work out of town 3 days a week but we can find somewhere

10. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    That's a possibility!
    It would certainly help them sell supplies. But traffic is sooooo limited in that area due to contruction that it might hamper some folks from attending.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by