mascovy duck fan

marinasbody

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 13, 2014
st.petersburg, florida
hi everyone. i love mascovy ducks and here in florida where i live we have plenty that roam free.i'am interested in learnning more about there nesting habits, i curently have one that has layed eggs in a soft sided dog house on my patio,mom is one of 4 that have been visting me since last march when they where babys,mom started laying one egg a day inside the dog house and sometime outside of it,i have put some mulch inside the dog house,but some eggs seem to roll out , i put them back in, she's currently setting on them, i'm woundering if they will hatch, any suggestions would be welcome.thank you. marinasbody

You could put a lip of wood at the opening to the dog house, that should keep the eggs from rolling out. Of your Muscovy visitors, have any been drakes? If there isn't a drake in the crowd, it's unlikely eggs would be fertile.

thank you so much I will try that and yes big boy has been by her side, I think he's her brother ,originaly they were 4, 3 girls one boy as they grew up they all still come everyday.but now he hangs with this one so it takes 35 days to hatch is that right.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. Definitely post on the links that Kelsie2290 has given you and take advantage of our duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your duckling hatch.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Definitely stop by our ducks section for more help from our duck experts.

We do welcome you to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom