mashed cantalope and yogurt-*NEW*mulberries anyone?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by bigreyhorse, Jun 17, 2008.

1. bigreyhorse

bigreyhorse Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Anyone tried it?
    I'm anxious to get to the chick room to see how they like it, I'll probably mix some crumbles in there as well, it's my new creation, mwuahaha.

bigrey

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. Maggie3

Maggie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    You know that doesn't sound to bad.

3. bigreyhorse

Apr 21, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It smells really good [​IMG] if it was vanilla yogurt I'd eat it myself [​IMG]
    I'm going to wait till "outside time" until I give it to them, so I don't know how they like it still.

bigrey

4. Maggie3

Maggie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Now, if I was going to eat it I'd cut up cantaloupe drizzle vanilla yogurt and maybe top it off with some granola. Yummy!!

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Oh yeah! Our girls LOVE their yogurt. I gave them some cantaloupe last week...they were in heaven.

6. Lea71

Lea71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't you just love mixing up treats for them?? They seem soooo appreciative. Last nite I mixed organic blueberry yogurt with kale...they devoured it! [​IMG]

Your mixture sounds delicious! [​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    YUMMY! [​IMG] It sounds like you need to make a bowl for yourself to enjoy with them! [​IMG] (I'd substitute granola for the crumbles by the way! [​IMG] )

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  8. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I tried to give mine some cantolope yesterday and they wanted nothing to do with it. Is there a trick to it? It was their first treat. Maybe I waited too long to try.

9. bigreyhorse

Apr 21, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Oh they loved it,
    they're only 2wks old I hand fed them theirs and it was mashed nearly to a pulp and some pieces looked bug-like so they took to it quickly especially with the crumbles mixed in. I had a hard time with the shavings getting stuck in with it though. It was a messy feeding, especially for me as I had little chunks of cantaloupe and yogurt all over my hand [​IMG] yum...
    Wonder if they'd take mulberries, anyone?

bigrey

10. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Mine love almost anything mixed with yogurt. Last week I mixed in diced strawberries and it was gone in a heartbeat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by