Mass attack !!! Pics psssst you can look not scarey at all

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cetawin, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Don't worry about being scared about seeing a carnage....I just gave them their favorite treat. leftover steamed brown rice from dinner

the 15 week olds: [edit - I appologize for the naked back in the air, she is molting [​IMG]]

[​IMG]

The 34 week and 21 week olds:

[​IMG]

OMG they saw the treat bowl and began doing the most amazing things... jumped up and flapping, running back and forth, bok boking and dancing. They acted like they were starving too which I know is impossible as they have a 5 gallon feeder full of food.

LOL I love my chickens!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I love the pictures! Yes, it's obvious that you never feed your chickens. [​IMG]

3. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Thats funny,what kind of chicken is the one in first photo back left corner interesting looking bird

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I threw out a tomato earlier - all hell broke lose.

5. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    I was almost scared to read this from your title. Funny chickens. Mine will knock me down, tripping me trying to get the stale bread. [​IMG] Silly birds.

6. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I got mine to do tricks today for leftover sauteed yellow squash and zucchini. Oh, what the girls will do for veggies with SEEDS!

7. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    My girls got the leftover black eyed peas from two nights ago. You would have thought it was manna from heaven!!! [​IMG]

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:ah that is Cruella...she was ordered as an Ameraucana but she is an EE...I ordered three and they look nothing alike this is a close up of her at about 5 weeks old

[​IMG]

Oh and this is Deville...turned out to be our only roo...his markings are neat too

[​IMG]

this is the other one that came with them

[​IMG]

But I love em all too pieces even though they are not Ameraucanas.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  9. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's too funny! Silly chickens!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I keep my 30 lb. feeder full at all times. Poor babies are still starving. [​IMG]
    I always try to sneak to the chicken yard with the treats so they won't gang up around the kitchen door and do what chickens do so well, poop. I've yet to make it all the way across the yard, thru the gate and into their yard without some loud mouth sounding the treat alarm. I still have a bruise on my hand from the other day when a hen flew up for a piece of bread and missed. *ouch*
    Cetawin, we simply must stop starving our chickens. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by