mass on foot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by drappazz, Nov 16, 2014.

1. drappazz

drappazz New Egg

Nov 13, 2014
    [​IMG]This is my white leghorns foot. She had a swollen area the size of a dime and it than started going black. I treated with veterycin spray and dressings. After a week of no change I took her to the vet. The vet placed her on antibiotics but was really unsure what it was. The vet said not bumble foot maybe a mass. I have been soaking in epsom salt putting green goo salve on it and have been trying to cut away the black tissue. Any ideas on what it could be and how else I could treat it. She does not seem to be bothered by it!!
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    It almost looks like a surface tumor of sorts...quite frankly I've never seen that before. As your veterinarian diagnosed no bumblefoot I'm at a loss to help...so very sorry your girl has this issue! How old is she?

3. drappazz

drappazz New Egg

Nov 13, 2014
    she is 18 months old, still laying eggs daily and the foot does not seem to bother her, it looks so ugly!

4. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Poor baby!! Hopefully someone here at BYC will be along soon that can possibly help you further...I wish you all the best! [​IMG]

5. drappazz

drappazz New Egg

Nov 13, 2014
    thanks

6. drappazz

drappazz New Egg

Nov 13, 2014
    [​IMG]
    During her epsom salt soak i was able to get the black "scab off". At least the tissue underneath looks healthy. I cleaned it with beta dine and tan put green goo and a dressing . Any other thoughts or suggestions???

7. scooterward

scooterward Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Lenoir City, TN
    any update on her?

8. drappazz

drappazz New Egg

Nov 13, 2014
    She is all healed. I did epsom salt baths, green goo and cut away the bad tissue. Thanks for asking

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by