mass/swelling on duck pill

aaronmg

Chirping
Jul 25, 2021
hey guys, so I was handling my ducks and while doing this I noticed my female while campbell duck has what looked like a bit of swelling on the underside of her bill where it is softest. she seems perfectly fine and happy quacking at me from the garden as we speak, I was just wondering if anyone knows why this might be, if its normal or if its a problem or not, its not huge but it is mildly bluey/greenish discoloured, but it might be a vein or something. If im overreacting its fine I just panic over the slightest irregularity I see
img_2010-jpg.3100690

Attachments

• IMG_2010.JPG
    IMG_2010.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like bruising if you are seeing discoloration. Could she have stuck her head into something [fencing] and got stuck but managed to get out? that would cause swelling and brusing. What does the swelling feel like fluid or hard. Also check inside her bill and make sure nothing is stuck in it.

It could be a congenital midline cyst that has enlarged -- that it doesn't hurt her is good and that it isn't stopping her eating drinking and breathing also good. Can you gently move the skin over the lump or does the skin feel fixed to the lump? Does the lump move around at all [it wont move far because of its position so you may not be certain of whether it is moving]

Keep your eye on her and the swelling and please update us if there is any change

Back
Top Bottom