1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

massachusetts-incubator rental

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ELOISEtheCHICKEN, Jul 14, 2008.

1. ELOISEtheCHICKEN

ELOISEtheCHICKEN Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2008
    Does anyone have space to rent out for a clutch of eggs? I really want to buy some chicken hatching eggs but need ascess to an incubator. What is the standard fee for something like this, does anyone know? I live near sturbridge, MA

2. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Have you tried your local county extension office or 4-H. I was able to borrow a Hovabator incubator from our local
    4-H. After hatching, I just returned it. The 4-H leader was really helpful and FREE is always so nice!!

Best wishes on hatching! It's so much fun. [​IMG]

3. ELOISEtheCHICKEN

ELOISEtheCHICKEN Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2008
    I never thought of that, thank you.

4. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    OK, when I was a "kid" Sturbridge Village used to hatch monthly! [​IMG] I would try asking them to hatch for you for a fee???
    BUT this was also 20 years ago so not sure they still do it. Its worth a try.

5. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    You might also consider just buying your own incubator. It may come out more convenient to do it yourself.
    If you are patient and have a few basic handy skills, you can make one for a coupla three tenners.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by