Massachusetts - west of Boston

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by kimmybow, Oct 1, 2011.

1. kimmybow

kimmybow Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2011
    Boxborough
    I have 6 buffs - 1st time chicken farmer [​IMG] I am in Boxborough, in a neighborhood. Going to give all my neighbors eggs for putting up with the chickens - lol!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  2. Nic&Chickies

Nic&Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    New Britain, CT
    Well, it's a little late, but [​IMG] anyway. I went back and read some of your older posts. Did that 'rooster' you wondered about start laying yet? You said eggs for the neighbors; are you getting eggs? I'm still waiting for some of this spring's chicks to start; some have.
    I think I read somewhere that here is a meetup/get-together in your --oh, shoot, maybe that was Western Mass. Oh, wait, I know! Someone's not able to come to a CT Peeps get-Together 'cause they'll be at a Boston Poultry Show this weekend.
    (Maybe I've been reading too much on here. As it says on the opening page: very addictive forum)

3. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    [​IMG]

THere are 3 or 4 threads with Mass chicken enthusiasts. Just don't want you to feel lonely. Welcome to the world of chickens.

4. mamadukes5

mamadukes5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Easthampton, Mass
    I am way, way west of Boston, near the Connecticut line, but it's my first year with chickens too. And my neighbors are also enjoying fresh eggs. I have learned a remarkable amount on here, so you most likely will too. Good luck with your flock, and keep an eye out for other Mass threads. There seem to be quite a few people on this side of Boston.

5. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Does BOston even allow chickens??

I'm south of Worcester, lots of people but still more land than people. [​IMG]

I haven't had any complaints about the crowing yet. Most of the houses around here are double income families so no-one is around to hear them!!!

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Welcome!! I'm in Western Ma! [​IMG]

7. kimmybow

Jul 11, 2011
    Boxborough
    Nic&Chickies :

Did that 'rooster' you wondered about start laying yet? You said eggs for the neighbors; are you getting eggs?

Yup - came home from being away this weekend and found two beautiful pinkish eggs:

[​IMG]

Had to be my "rooster" - lol! And I guess we need a few more before the neighbors get any - [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  8. kimmybow

Jul 11, 2011
    Boxborough
    Quote:I don't think Boston proper does, but we are far enough away...

9. kimmybow

Jul 11, 2011
    Boxborough
    Thanks for the warm welcome, folks![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by