Massive corn shortage expected in 2022. Tips for long term storage of feed?

Food speculation needs to stop. The whole system is broke.

Here's an article arguing speculation doesn't drive prices as much as some believe (more responsive than causal, adds liquidity to markets). Not saying you should trust this guy either, but I like to balance my diet:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwor...-doesnt-increase-food-prices/?sh=40a745ac2ea5

Will heed @U_Stormcrow s advice and not dive deeper into discussion on this.

Regarding feed, I clicked into this thread because we've been seeing stores out of various feed for the past few weeks. Two stores were out of meat chicken feed, and alpaca Feed is harder to find than it was a month ago. Which just means we will stock up next time we see either, further contributing to the issue.

Ah. U_Stormcrow, That makes sense (and infiniterebirth is new so may not know politics are for private messages only on this forum).

Lol, my version of food speculation is mulling over the of odds of keeping the deer out of the garden with one kind of fence vs with another kind. Whether I have enough tomato plants, whether there is a better framework to keep the peas off the ground... At least it is this time of year...

Last edited:
Ah. That makes sense (and infiniterebirth is new so may not know politics are for private messages only on this forum).

Lol, my version of food speculation is mulling over the of odds of keeping the deer out of the garden with one kind of fence vs with another kind.
Sorry. Can delete?

and on that happy note, apparently I need to sweeten my soil at a rate of 816 pounds of lime per acre to get it up to pH 5.5... I knew I had poor soil - it was very evident in some of the plants that grow, and the way that others grow. Didn't realize it was quite this bad. The local Extension office also recommends twice yearly fertilizing, at a rate of 80/40/50 pounds per acre NPK... That's 300# per acre of 13-13-13 plus an additional Nitrogen source (my clovers and chicken droppings, I hope).

I have a few pounds of wheat berries saved in storage in case things go south and have several garden beds as well.. wheat berries are quite easy to grow and I think ahould have some nutrients for a few birds. My flock is tiny though.

Back
Top Bottom