Massive Rant

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by WendiJean, Feb 13, 2012.

1. WendiJean

WendiJean Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    South TX
    I am so livid right now. This last weekend we had 2 great pyranese pups come into our yard. We found a number on their collar called the owners, and a few minutes later they were coming to get them. In the meantime they were chasing our free range chickens and we didn't want to let loose our dog, bc accidents happen, pets get out, we understand. The owner came and got them. '

Later that night they were back and the hubby warned them, that if they were back again we would turn our dog loose.

Sure enough they came back today, and when the owner came to get them, she screamed at them. So of course they wouldnt come to her. They then proceeded to chase the chickens, bringing down one. I can't do much bc I'm on postpartem rest with a newborn, so all I could do was watch in horror as she ran off with an Americana. THEN the lady opens the door to our goat pen to try and get them and runs out leaving the gate WIDE OPEN. I lost it, and after closing the gate, postpartem or no I tore after the stupid dogs, who were now IN THE COOP.

I probably shouldnt have said the things I did bc my mama raised me better, but OMG, this lady was so stupid! I told her if they come back again I would not hesitate to turn my dog loose (who looks remarkable like Cujo, LOL)

I don't want to shoot the dogs bc they are just animals, but good grief!!!!!! Sorry for the vent, but I had to get it out of my system!

Stupid peopl,e who don't take care of their pets, suck!

2. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    Since you don't want to shoot them, (and I'd have a hard time doing so also), maybe you can pen them up, take of their collars and transport them to a shelter far, far away. Obviously the woman has no control over the pups, and it doesn't sound like she's giving them that great of a home anyway. When (or if) she comes looking, you can honestly say you saw them the other day, but have no idea where they could be by now. (After all, they COULD be adopted out by then...) Cowardly? Maybe. But do you want them to keep returning?

3. WendiJean

Apr 12, 2011
    South TX
    I am truly hoping they get their act together and it wont come to that, but if it does thats a definate option! If I have to shoot them I would use the pellet gun or my son't bebe, and hopefully it will be enought to scare them away without truly hurting them.

4. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I'm so sorry! Please keep your feet up for a couple days now if you can. I've had pp bleeding problems from too much activity too soon! If it happens again, let your dog out and let him take care of them. Don't hurt yourself trying to be nice!

5. wvtim

wvtim Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2012
    Pepper Spray in the dogs eyes will stop the visits from these pups.

If dont want to be that aggressive - spray the dogs with something that really stills like crap. Something that will make the owners barf when they put them in there car - they will keep them from coming back to your farm.

6. WendiJean

Apr 12, 2011
    South TX

thanks I am! :)

LOL, the stinky thing is an awesome idea, to bad they dont sell skunk in a can!

7. riverpilot69

riverpilot69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    SE Missouri
    Release Cujo on their butt's. If they live, they won't be back.

8. wvtim

wvtim Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    One more thought - is your run secure enough to keep your chickens in for awhile until the issue is resolved? If (when) the pups come back, is your run strong enough to keep them out?

10. NightsInWhiteSilkies

NightsInWhiteSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2011
    Get a paint ball gun. I used one a few times when my neighboors dogs came into my yard and they took off faster than lightning and the owner of them came over and asked me if I did it and I told them theyre dogs keep coming into my yard and your not doing anything about it and theyre lucky it was a paint ball gun rather than a real gun and if they continue to come into my yard their going to be red,white and blue like the american flag! lol....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by