Master list of shows? NE region, specifically...

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Gypsylion, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Gypsylion

Gypsylion Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I'm just starting out with this whole showing thing, and I keep finding tidbits here and there about shows in this region, but often too late to make the plans. Is there a single organization or website that has a schedule of all of the recognized shows for the year? It seems like many of the official organizations have links to the other orgs in the region, but I haven't found any master schedule thus far...

The closest thing is the Events Calendar on the ABA page, but only one of the shows I've found was listed (along with a LOT in NY).

To put together what I have found, it looks like this is what's going on this fall in the New England area:

Sept 26 - Eastern New York State Poultry Association show at the Cobleskill NY fairgrounds (maybe on the edge of "New England")
    Oct 10 - NH Poultry Fanciers Assoc. show in NH
    Oct 17 - Little Rhody Poultry Faniciers show in Richmond, RI
    Nov 7 - Boston Poultry Expo in N. Oxford, MA
    Nov 21 - New England Bantam Club show in Middleboro, MA
    Jan 15-16 - Northeastern Poultry Congress show, W. Springfield, MA

What am I missing?

Will there be a Central Maine Bird Fanciers Assoc. show sometime?

Thanks for any info!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  2. Gypsylion

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Bump... any input from you seasoned showbirds in the area? [​IMG]

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

September 26th 2010, Sunday.
    Eastern New York State Poultry Association show at the Cobleskill NY fairgrounds.

4. Gypsylion

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Quote:Yeah I did find that one as well as a bunch of others in NY. It's 4 hrs away from me, but through some of my favorite countryside...

5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    there are a few listed on the maine swap thread.

6. gronsk

gronsk Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2010
    SE MA
    i think there is a chickenstock near worchester on sunday

7. Gypsylion

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Quote:Thanks for the info... Does anyone know if the Common Ground Country Fair will be judged, or is it just for exhibition (or is that essentially the same thing as far as fairs are concerned?)? I found an exhibitors application on the website, but the nature of the exhibition is unclear.

Quote:Thanks - I am going to that! This thread is specifically asking about shows where I can enter birds to be judged, tho.

8. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    This Thursday The New England Bantam club Will Be planning its fall show, so I will have a date soon. Anyone interested In Being at the meeting? Shoot me a PM

9. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Quote:This show is great fun. Lots of birds to buy, and great place to sell too. We will be there!

Annie

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:This show is great fun. Lots of birds to buy, and great place to sell too. We will be there!

Annie

So will I. Got my entry from and "show book" in the mail today. Can't wait. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by