Masters of Mountain View Twin/Daybed Quilt (handmade by me)

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by speckledhen, Jun 6, 2017.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

CHICKEN QUILT! The next installment in the "Masters of Mountain View" Series is here. This handmade original
    twin/daybed size quilt features the fabric with likenesses of our beloved roosters, Isaac and two of his sons, Rex and Deacon, plus an extra rooster of the Lakenvelder breed, all three now passed on to that Great Roost in the Sky. Many of you know these special roosters and you'll be amazed at the likenesses on this fabric!
    $200 plus shipping, Pymt by postal money order, quilt shipped when pymt received.

The backing is a gray quatrefoil print in soft flannel and all other fabrics are high quality cottons in shades of gray, white, black, sunny golden yellow and red, representing all the colors of the roosters' plumage along with their legs, beaks, combs and wattles. Batting is a high quality polyester.

Size is approximately 52" x 70"

The quilting is loop de loop random pattern, peppered with a heart shape here and there, in silver-gray variegated Aurifil cotton thread. The quilting is accomplished on a home machine, not a computerized one, so the quilting is created by the artist moving the quilt "sandwich" around on the machine bed and literally drawing with the needle. This future family heirloom will have all the nuances and quirks of any handmade treasure-the stitches will not all be uniform and you may find a small pucker or two, but it is a one-of-a-kind original piece from the mind of the quilter, made by her own two hands.
    $200 plus shipping

NOTE: Ships from smoke-free home in Georgia ADD SHIPPING $12.00

DSCN8926.JPG
    DSCN8927.JPG DSCN8929.JPG DSCN8931.JPG

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    chickenE and SunHwaKwon like this.
  2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    bump. This needs to be seen!

speckledhen likes this.
  3. speckledhen

Thank you! Glad you like it!

4. speckledhen

The rooster quilt is still available! Get your likenesses of Isaac, Rex and Deacon!

5. speckledhen

The Masters of Mountain View Quilt is still available for purchase. I was amazed at this fabric, how closely three of the roosters resembled my Isaac and his two sons, Rex and Deacon. Sure miss those boys.

6. speckledhen

Still available.

7. speckledhen

Still available.

8. speckledhen

This homage to my late roosters is still available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by