Materials Purchased!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ChikaD, Dec 17, 2016.

1. ChikaD

ChikaD Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2014
    Southern New Mexico
    I first started reading about chicken keeping a couple years ago. I stumbled into the hippie/homesteader stuff on Pinterest and it called to me. Except, at the time, I was an urban apartment dweller with a 9-5 job. Fast forward to today, when I just unloaded a pile of building materials from Home Depot into my back yard to build my coop, run, and garden.

I've been wanting to do this for two or three years, and I've spent a lot of time daydreaming and plotting it out on graph paper. As you can imagine, my plans have been tweaked a lot in that time, There's a grey-water irrigation system for the garden and an unnecessarily complicated chicken run that permits the flock access to individual sections of the garden as needed.

I just drove home with a truckload of supplies and dumped everything off in my yard. My fella came over to check it out. He took one glance at my plans and said "You over-engineered the spit out of this".

2. ChickenGrass

ChickenGrass Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    :welcome.
    I bet your very excited about it.
    Make sure to post pictures of it when it's finished.
    If you need any advise on breeds feel free to ask.
    Goodluck,
    Fionn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by