MATERNITY WARD -- Post baby pics of YOUR critters HERE :)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by WindDancer, Oct 24, 2009.

1. WindDancer

WindDancer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Farmer City, IL
    Ok everyone... If you have babies of animals other than chickens... post their photos here!! I will start first... I have TONS of bunny pics... 8 litters of the to be exact with a litter due TODAY!!! So before the litter today... I have a total of 30 babies!! I got a few to tatoo today so we know who's who LOLOL

This photo is of a litter of Polish -- They are 5 weeks old and were just weaned from mom yesterday [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a pic of our Californian babies. There are 6 in this litter!!! They are just over 2 weeks old
    [​IMG]

This is a litter of 3 Mini Satins! The mom hates me so, I had to take the photo while they were in with her LOL she wont let me in there to get them out!
    [​IMG]

Yet another litter of 6 Mini Satin babies... They are a little older now but this is their baby pic!
    [​IMG]

These are Dutch babies. There were 3 in this pic but we lost one and might lose another... [​IMG] Darn it all BUT they are still cute
    [​IMG]

This is a litter of Black Polish that carry Chocolate (mom is chocolate dad is black)
    [​IMG]

I still have 2 Dutch litters that I dont have pics of and Rizzo who seems to be taking her good old time [​IMG]

Then I have a litter of Netherland Dwarfs due Nov 16 and a litter of Polish due Nov 17... I can definately say we have had a very productive fall [​IMG]

As soon as I get photos of the 2 Dutch litters AND Rizzo (Californian) decides to pop, I'll post them too

Enjoy the Baby overload [​IMG]

(ps... anyone looking to get a rabbit LOL I bet I have one or 2 I could spare AHAHA)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Let me get my camera!!! We have four ADORABLE baby kittens at the moment – they're so sweet! I'm not positive on the gender yet, but I'm thinking it's four girls (does this seem funny to you – we've had thirteen kittens and only TWO of them have been boys!). The ones we have right now – Kayla, a tortie, Snow White, a blue point with white spots, Cloudy, a blue point with white spots, and Holly, a red bicolor.

Be back soon! [​IMG]

3. kcardella

kcardella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Leslie, AR
    Those baby rabbits are soooo adorable!

4. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Here are pictures of our baby animals. The first is a picture of kittens that a stray cat brought inside our garage. We fed and tamed the kittens. Mama Kitty left them with us when they were about two or three months old. They were the sweetest kittens. They loved attention so much more than food. They have since found loving families to take them. From left to right is Moses, long-haired gray and white tabby; Gideon, Long-haired brown tabby; Puppy, calico; and Levi, short-haired gray and white tabby.

[​IMG]

Here our some of our many corn snakes, which hatched in July:

[​IMG]

And hopefully we will have baby bunnies kindled in two weeks! Do you know how to tell if your female rabbit is going to have babies? We have tried feeling for babies in our female. She is a Californian rabbit.

5. WindDancer

May 15, 2009
    Farmer City, IL
    Weight is a BIG factor in telling if she's prego! Do you know when she was bred??? If so, count 31 days from the day you bred her. We FINALLY had our 2nd litter of Californians TODAY... she had 6 but I can feel a couple more in her... So, I am wondering if she'll have them alive or not.. most likely not.... But sometimes they can surprise ya LOL good luck with the bunnies

6. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

7. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    The baby hedgehogs (?) are adorable!

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Okay, what are the white-faced bambi looking things? I recognize the others, but those are new [​IMG]

9. WindDancer

May 15, 2009
    Farmer City, IL
    I have 3 female hedgehogs here. 2 are retired breeders so no babies for me here.. got my hands full with the rabbits!!!!

Great photos everyone.. keep em coming!!!

10. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Nod at a few days old, now 17 months old:
    [​IMG]
    Winken at a few days old, now 17 months old:
    [​IMG]
    Tesla at 5.5 weeks, will be 3 in January and weighs over 90 lbs
    [​IMG]

Everything else came in to the rescue grown...

ETA... Tesla is wearing a CAT COLLAR and laying on a CAT PILLOW in that pic... She was only 12 pounds.....

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by