Matilda, Friends, and the Person Who Feeds Them Sometimes

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GraceAK, Aug 4, 2010.

1. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    I went outside to play with my chickens Tuesday, after a long morning of taking pictures of mushrooms, and decided to get some pictures of the birds as well.
    [​IMG]
    Matilda, Who is very friendly, and lays light green eggs
    [​IMG]
    It has been raining for a good 2 weeks, so there are plenty of mushrooms. I removed this one, because there were peck marks out of it. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tilly likes to jump on my back. She is so cute.
    [​IMG]
    She is probably on of my favorite chickens.
    [​IMG]
    Beaker (roo) and Murphy (White Hen) with Ghost-Face-Killa (Black Hen) in the middle.
    [​IMG]
    Beaker is very handsome, even though as a chick he was very plain.
    [​IMG]
    Grumpy Quasimodo. She used to peck my legs and my dad's legs, but has ceased. She is very friendly.
    [​IMG]
    Spraddle, up front, has some hip issues related to her having spraddle leg as a chick. Her nicknames are Spradley, Sprad, Spraddikin, and Dick Dead-eye.
    Little Jerry is the puffed up one in the background. She is a wellie, and after brooding for 2.5 months, her eggs are no longer speckled, but a uniform terra cotta color.

The young-uns ( Beaker, Tilly, Sprad, Quasi, and Ghost-face) are about 7 months old, or 28 weeks. They are all laying, except for Beaker, because he is a dude.
    Murphy and Jerry were 8 mos old when we got them last November.... so... They are about a year and a half old.
    Mabel and Billina (the Orps) are a bit older than that.

I love my chickens. They are just so cute!

2. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    Very nice flock [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by