Mating? No thanks, we'd rather eat trifle. (Just a few pics and silly captions!)

kellysmall87

Songster
7 Years
Apr 18, 2012
Wolverhampton, England. UK.
This is Henny and Rose...

This is Jim.

Jim fancies Rose and Henny... he does a little side-ways-cross-over-leg shimmy to display his keen-ness!
Only problem is.... Henny and Rose picked to eat Trifle instead! Poor Jim... his pride took a hit!

....But I'm so handsome!!!... :(

Trifle must be tasty, whatever it is! I don't think we have that in the US- never heard of it.

Nice pics and great storyline to go with them!
clap.gif

Jim fancies Rose and Henny... he does a little side-ways-cross-over-leg shimmy to display his keen-ness!

I know that dance! My hens would rather do just about anything than be attacked by my roosters/brutes. I love trifle, if you are referring to the layered cake dessert type.

Hi everyone, thanks for the comments!

Yes trifle is that layered desert of cake sponge, fruit, jelly, custard and cream. The hens loved it (I thought maybe they could do with a little extra fat for winter time!) :)

Haha, yes Stumpy ... the old rooster dance - it is so funny when he does it! He puts all his effort into it, puffs his chest out and everything. He is only a miniature breed (not sure what though, a gold laced cross with something else) and as he is so small, Henny does tower over him as she's a warren hybrid thingy, lol!

Omagosh! Reminds me of an old friend's roo, Ladies Man. He was an extremely small, handsome bantam. He would always chase after two australorp hens. He thought they were just gourgous and they were! He literally were by them ALL the time. But they towered over him and ran away to the other roo. Hilarious. He would never give up though, he kept after those australorps. They treat him like a little annoying chick but he loves their company.

Poor Ladies Man!! Well, at the moment Jim is the eldest cockerel, but I have a baby chick that hatched this year and he's a cockerel too. he isn't crowing yet, but is asserting dominance over me at the moment - or at least trying! No doubt once this little one comes of age, Jim will be even more dejected!! xx

Back
Top Bottom