Mature Chicken Price

parrillofarms

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 11, 2009
vermont, il
I am getting ready to move and I can't take all of my chickens with me. I wanted to sell some of my birds. They are only 4 months old. I have RIR and Rocks. I was wondering what could I sell these birds for each?

Quote:
depends where you live-I can get 10-15$ a piece or more depending on breed and egg color-I have an order for 4 pullets at 12$ a pop. Only because I have to house and heat these guys in winter and hatch out twice as many to gets pullets!

Check out the Craigslist listings for your area, that should give you a decent idea about the going rate in your area. In my area, a point of lay pullet would go for anywhere from $15-20, which is totally outrageous by the standards of other area.

I remember when I used to buy chicks for .50 and a sack of crack corn for 5.00 and would sell my eggs for 1.00/dozen.
So I am not comfortable to discuss prices anymore with egg customers. They find it unbelievable that I now pay as much as 3.00/chick and over 12.00 for a sack of crack corn. Fortunately some understand and are willing to buy eggs for 3.00/dozen......good thing, because I wouldn't sell them otherwise. I would just keep them. All that being said.....I would try and sell the pullets for 15.00 to 20.00 each. If I could buy a started pullet for double what I pay for day old chicks, I would never raise another chick again.

farmin'chick :

I sell Point of Lay birds from $12 - $15 dollars, which yours are within a few weeks of laying if they are a full 4 months.

That is my charging price also depending on how many they purchase at the time. These are for point of lay pullets.​

I sell pullets (RIR's, EE's, BO's, BR's, BSL's), 12-20 weeks for $15 NOT A PENNY LESS! I sell 1 week old chicks for $3.00. My Roo's sell for $5 from 10+ weeks or $1 as chicks.

Back
Top Bottom