mature "egg a day" Khaki Campbell duck hens: Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by Dusky Beauty, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Dusky Beauty

Dusky Beauty Songster

Aug 11, 2011
    Upshur County, Texas
    I have three female khaki campbell ducks that are fully mature daily layers for $25 each (Minimum 2, ducks need company of other ducks and it'll be a smoother transition if sisters go together.) They are purebred khaki campbell and were hatched last july by Ideal hatchery and are very good quality for hatchery birds. They have been handled a lot and will tolerate being "lap ducks" once picked up. Might even be suitable as a 4H/FFA show bird- They are true to type, good temperment and nice looking.
    Campbell eggs are generally larger than chicken eggs but still manage to fit inside regular egg cartons unlike pekin eggs. These girls lay one egg each, every morning rarely taking a day off (again, unlike pekins which lay about half as many days on avg.) Layer ducks generally out perform layer chickens, having both a longer laying season, and continuing to lay effectively years longer than chickens. These hens have been laying for 2-3 months now so they've passed the "warming up" period, and have several good years ahead of them.

For pick up only in the West Valley area of Phoenix, AZ (or will meet you in Avondale) Will not ship.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Wish I was closer. I'd take them.

~ Aspen

3. Dusky Beauty

Dusky Beauty Songster

Aug 11, 2011
    Upshur County, Texas
    Sold! Thanks Brandon and Jennifer! Enjoy Lottie and Lady Blue!

4. taberbobbe

taberbobbe Hatching

Aug 25, 2012
    Hello,

I have food allergies and am looking for a source for duck eggs in the area.

I live in the East Valley in East Mesa, yet am hoping to find a source somewhere that is less than $7 a half dozen I've seen advertised. Do you know of folks who sell duck eggs at a reasonable price?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by