max temp in brooder?

That's higher than recommended. Just wondering, but is there something preventing you from lowering the temperature? 

What if the temperature is not correct but they have a light bulb that makes some heat for them can they die form low temp?

What if the temperature is not correct but they have a light bulb that makes some heat for them can they die form low temp?

Yes----They Sure can. Brooders should be only heated on one end---having that end about 95 to 100 the first week is ideal. Never heat the whole brooder----they can die from being to hot quicker than to cold. I use a thermometer to set-up my brooders---if its just a hanging light adjust the height and/or bulb wattage to get the temp around 100 for the first week. NEVER use a red 250 watt bulb to heat a small brooder. 250 watt bulbs are good to heat a huge barn floor for a few hundred chicks. I rarely use over a 75 watt bulb in my non-factory brooders, sometimes only using a 25 watt bulb if I only got a few chicks. NOTE gotta lower/raise the bulb to get the temp close below the light no matter what wattage bulb you use. .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom