May 7, Houlton Maine Chicken Swap

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by NurseNettie, Apr 9, 2011.

1. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Our first swap of the year is scheduled for Saturday May 7!
    8 am til 12 sharp ( they close then- and we need to leave then [​IMG] If you've never been before-- please don't arrive too early, and only set up after checked to see where it's ok to set up ( around the side where the lawn is- but not across the street, or blocking any business entrances, please) Please do not park in the lot across the street; please do not block traffic.

MPG ( Maine Potato Growers)
    2 Grange Street
    Houlton, ME 04730

Rain date only in the event of severe weather, will be the week following.

Last year's turnouts were incredible- there is usually a large assortment of chickens, geese, ducks, and quail. We have multiple vendors who also bring other small animals- goats, rabbits, eggs for eating and hatching, etc. MPG allows us a huge area of parking lot and grassy areas to set up.

Anyone with a farm or kitchen related craft is also welcome ( though, keep it simple, please, as this is primarily an animal-event, not a flea market).

We encourage anyone with clean, usable equipment to sell, to bring that along as well! No Junk!!!

For questions, please PM me- If you know you want to come and sell or swap- it'd be great if you posted what you might bring, as this is the question we get the most "What is everyone bringing", but we usually have no answers [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    giving this a bump since it's coming right up. I also added it to the maine swaps thread.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by