may have finally found my new horse! Woo!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bufforp89, Feb 11, 2011.

1. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    So I may have finally found my perfect horse after three months of searching!

He is a retired racehorse, 15'1 or 15'2, between 12 and 14 years old and is currenty being used for a trail horse/leadline pony. Supposedly great for beginners and just sounds perfect overall. I was contacted by the stable owner who says his owner is just out of college cant afford him and needs to place him in a good home.

This would be my first horse although I have worked seven days a week at a training and boarding stable for over a year now ( www.oakwoodmanor.biz ) mucking and caring for other peoples horses. I feel like I am ready to finally take the plunge into ownership and start enjoying a horse that is all mine.

Helps that my aunt got a new house twenty mins away from me with a great little barn and good pasture. I get to board him there free as she is getting back into horses and is getting one of her own in the next few weeks. She wants a horse buddy for hers without he expence of two horses so should work out well all around.

Waiting on an email from the barn owner but still had to share! I will post pics for feedback as soon as I get some. Im hoping he is healthy and rideable and will be going out to ride him as soon as I can arrange it. I sure hope it all works out!

2. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    [​IMG]

3. txredneckmedic

txredneckmedic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    working for a stable and owning and riding your own horse is two different things. My wife took a ride yesterday on a horse that was abandoned and noone knew about....needless to say she got tossed off

4. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like a great adventure and you apparently have many knowlegable people who can help you with any bumps in the road. I hope you get your horse and I'm happy to hear that your Aunt has a nice place with a pasture and that he will have the companionship of another equine.

Good Luck and Happy Trails!!

5. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Cool [​IMG]

6. bluere11e

bluere11e Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    West Palm Beach
    [​IMG] Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by